This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Wildgoose uses your data.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you sign up to Wildgoose emails.
- When you ask one of our team to email you information about a product or service.
- When you book an appointment with us or book to attend an event.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you download or install our app.
- When you sign up to join our newsletter mailing list.
When you fill in any forms.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If you enquire with us your name, email address, enquiry information, and telephone number.
- If you download our app, we collect – the device used, your operating system, distance travelled, starting battery, your activity, location and answers to the tasks within the game both generic and customised.
- Details of your interactions with us through Userlike.
- Details of your visits to our websites or app and which site you came from to ours.
- Details which help us to recommend items of interest.
- Your comments and reviews.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
- Your contact details if you enquire about an event at a tradeshow or exhibition.
- Photos and answers to game questions, these are stored on our game servers, hosted by Amazon Web Services and located in Ireland.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To respond to your queries and inform any future communication with us.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To administer any competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and challenges we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll keep it for 12 months from your event date. During this period, your data will be anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning. At the end of this 12 month period, your data will be deleted.
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to ask us to:
- Give you access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
- Amend any of your details that we’ve got wrong.
- Stop using your personal data.
- Stop sending you marketing messages – we’ll do this right away if you ask.
- Erase your personal information (though we may not be able to do this in all cases).
To ask for your information to be amended, please contact your Account Manager.
For everything else, please email [email protected]
If we can’t do what you’ve asked, we’ll explain why.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our team and somebody will be happy to help you.
Email us at [email protected]
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your data, and are unable to resolve the issue with us personally, you can complain to the ICO.